- Your Sephora Beauty Insider points can be turned into a donation for racial and LGBTQ justice.
- Now, you can donate 500 to 1,500 points to the National Black Justice Coalition, which works to empower Black lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and same gender-loving people.
- Depending on your number of Sephora reward points, you can donate up to $30.
If you regularly shop at Sephora, it’s easy to build up Beauty Insider points that just languish in your account. But now, Sephora is offering up the chance to put those points to good use, well beyond helping you score a lipstick sampler.
The beauty retailer now allows customers to turn their rewards points into donations for the National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC). In case you’re not familiar with it, the coalition is a civil rights organization that works to empower Black lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and same gender-loving people (LGBTQ/SGL), including those who live with HIV/AIDS.
Sephora isn’t currently advertising this on its homepage but some Twitter users, including @tylermoore, have pointed out that the company is doing this.
It’s available in the Rewards Bazaar (i.e. the place where you can pick out your rewards) and breaks down this way:
- 500 points can be turned into a $10 donation
- 1000 points can be a $20 donation
- 1,500 points can be a $30 donation
To do it, just log into your Beauty Insider account and head to the Bazaar. Then, scroll down until you get to the 500 points section to get started.
Sephora has paused its social media posts for the moment, but wrote on Twitter beforehand that the company has donated more than $1 million to organizations like National CARES Mentoring, The Center for Urban Families, NAACP ACT-SO, NBJC, and Black Women’s Roundtable.
We stand in solidarity with our Black employees, colleagues, friends, and communities, and we’re proud to support these organizations that are fighting for racial justice and equity: @CARES_Mentoring @CFUF_Baltimore @naacp @nbjconthemove @ncbcp_bwr #BlackoutTuesday pic.twitter.com/EOMNMte4dx— Sephora (@Sephora) June 2, 2020
Now, your donation can add to that number.
You Might Also Like