Don't know accused middleman, will fight case legally: Dinakaran
Rebuffing charges of trying to buy AIADMK's 'two leaves' symbol, party general secretary TTV Dinakaran on Monday said he does not know accused middleman Sukesh Chandrasekhar, adding that the case will be fought legally.
'I will legally face if any summon comes to me from the Delhi Police. I don't know anybody by this name, Sukesh Chandrasekhar (alleged middleman). I haven't bribed anyone for anything,' Dinakaran said.
Dinakaran was earlier in the day named accused in FIR filed by the Delhi Police crime branch for allegedly offering a bribe for his party's 'Two leaves' symbol.
Dinakaran's faction contested on the hat symbol after the Election Commission froze their two leaves symbol acknowledging the split in the party.
The police action came in the wake of the arrest of an alleged middleman named Sukesh Chandrasekhar from Hyatt hotel last night.
The Delhi Police's case against Dinakaran comes even as a major crisis looms in the state government with a section of ministers revolting against him and seeking his resignation as party deputy general secretary.
- Supreme Court allows Tamil Nadu farmers to file intervention application in suicide cases
- Let Muslims solve Triple Talaq issue themselves: Digvijaya Singh
- Swachh Bharat is a part of preventive healthcare initiatives: PM Modi
- Muzaffarnagar: Women protest against liquor shop in village
- JD (U) rebuffs anti-BJP alliance talks, says Mulayam Singh Yadav living in past