Dinakaran named accused for offering bribe for 'two leaves' symbol
All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) general secretary TTV Dinakaran was on Monday named accused in FIR filed by the Delhi Police crime branch for allegedly offering a bribe for his party's 'Two leaves' symbol, sources said.
Dinakaran's faction contested on the hat symbol after the Election Commission froze their two leaves symbol acknowledging the split in the party.
The police action came in the wake of the arrest of an alleged middleman named Sukesh Chandrasekhar from Hyatt hotel on Sunday night.
The Delhi Police's case against Dinakaran comes even as a major crisis looms in the state government with a section of ministers revolting against him and seeking his resignation as party deputy general secretary.
- Jammu-Kashmir: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Nowshera sector
- Kerala: Malappuram Lok Sabha bypoll counting underway
- Haryana: Man hangs himself to death in Sonepat, live streams it on Facebook
- Even if a law is made, Muslims will only follow Shariat laws: Azam Khan
- Shiv Sena compares PM Modi with Alexander, Napoleon