Delhi: Man arrested for burglary; 280 grams of gold recovered
A man was arrested by the Delhi Police on charges of burglary in New Friends Colony area on Monday.
Around 280 grams of gold jewellery worth Rs 25 lakhs was recovered by the police.
The accused, Irrfan Ilyas, along with his associate Dharmendra, were arrested by the Police. Both of them belong to Bihar's Sitamarhi district.
The Delhi Police had earlier on July 6 apprehended that the two culprits were in Bihar.
According to the police, the "modus operandi" of the culprit was by stepping inside houses barefoot.
South East Delhi Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police M Harsh Wardhan said, "He committed all the crimes on his own. His modus operandi was to step barefoot inside the houses."
"Irrfan had been leading a luxurious life. He had an access of luxurious cars and entries to expensive pubs of Delhi and Mumbai. The burglar had been organising a health camp in his village", he added.
Wardhan appealed the public to install CCTV cameras in their neighbourhood to prevent the rising crimes.
In the wake of the rising incidences of burglary in the posh colonies of Delhi, a special police force had also been appointed.
- TMC supports Meira Kumar; is against unlawfulness, injustice: Mamata
- Suspected LeT terrorist apprehended from Mumbai Airport
- Delhi court adjourns hearing in LeT terrorist Bahadur Ali's case
- J-K: Jawan injured in ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Uri Sector
- Cong., TMC issue notice for discussion on lynching and Indo-china stand-off in RS