A Delhi Police Special Cell team has busted an international drug cartel in the national capital. Two key members of cartel namely Darbara Singh Billa and Ajay Singh, both residents of Saheed Bhagat Singh Nagar, Punjab have been arrested from the road in Uttam Nagar, Delhi. 4 kgs of high grade heroin worth about Rs 16 crores in the international market has been recovered from their possession.
One Alto car with Punjab registration number and 3 mobile phones with SIM cards used in the drug trafficking also recovered.
HERE IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Special Cell in its tirade against drug suppliers has busted several narcotic drug cartels in the past by arresting various members and by recovering huge consignments of drugs including heroin and opium.
- Sleuths of Special Cell of Delhi were working on information that an international narcotic drug cartel is active in the states of UP, Delhi, Punjab and Haryana.
- Heroin is smuggled from Afghanistan and Pakistan. This information was further developed by core team through technical as well as human surveillance.
- It took about 3-4 months of painstaking efforts to develop the information. During this process, members of this cartel were identified and their activities were kept under discreet surveillance.
- On May 1, specific information was received that highly notorious drug trafficker Darbara Singh Billa, who is known for receiving big consignments of heroin, has arrived in Delhi along with one of his associates in an Alto car.
- It was further informed that the duo would receive huge consignments of heroin in the area of Uttam Nagar, Delhi. Acting swiftly and strategically, a team was formed and a trap was laid near VV DAV School Uttam Nagar, Delhi and Darbara Singh alongwith his associate Ajay were apprehended.
- 3 kgs of high grade heroin was recovered from Billa whereas 1 kg of high grade heroin was recovered from Ajay.
- Both the accused persons were thoroughly interrogated. Both revealed the details of their associates including source of supply.
- It was found that they used to get supply of heroin from a person residing in the area of Uttam Nagar, Delhi.
- During interrogation, it was also revealed that Billa is an associate of one Buta Singh, a notorious drug supplier of Punjab. Buta Singh is presently lodged in Nabha jail and facing trial in various cases registered against him under NDPS Act.
- Buta Singh is also convicted in a case of NDPS Act. Both Billa and Buta Singh were doing this illegal trade of drug supply in Punjab in partnership.
- Billa is a notorious drug supplier of Punjab, who is involved in 8 criminal cases including 6 cases registered under NDPS Act.
- He was convicted in 3 cases of NDPS in Punjab and was awarded punishment for 32 years imprisonment with a fine of Rs 3 lakh.
- He was granted parole in the year 2015 for some days but he did not surrender and absconded. He went underground and restarted the illegal trade of drug trafficking.
- Moreover, his wife Sarabjeet Kaur has also gained notoriety in this illegal trade and involved in at least 10 cases registered against her under the NDPS Act.
- She is also convicted in 2 of the cases of NDPS Act and has been awarded heavy punishment. Presently she is lodged in Ludhiana Jail and facing trial under the NDPS case.