A 50-year-old man was critically injured after being hit by a speeding Mercedes near Moti Bagh Chowk in south Delhi on Tuesday evening.
The driver managed to flee from the spot after the incident. According to police officials, the vehicle rammed into an auto rickshaw while fleeing.
HERE'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The victim has been identified as Dasarath Yadav, who works at a nearby market.
- The Mercedes car (Sedan) with registration number (UP 16 TC 1295) came at a high speed from Vasant Vihar and hit Yadav, who was crossing the road.
- He was thrown a few feet up in the air and landed on his chest.
- Reportedly, the Mercedes car was being driven at a speed over 100kmph.
- Police suspect that the driver must have hit another vehicle before the incident and was trying to get away.
- The traffic cops posted nearby rushed Yadav to Safdarjung hospital where his condition was said to be critical.
- According to police, Yadav's statement is yet to be recorded.
- A case under sections of negligent driving and causing hurt due to negligence has been registered against the driver.
- According to the officials probing the case, the vehicle had a temporary number plate from which the traffic cops noted down the number.
- Efforts are being made to identify the driver. It appears the vehicle fled towards NCR after the accident.