Fried food items are mouth-watering delicacies for many, french fries at McDonald's certainly so.
But what this family encountered at this fast food restaurant outlet in Kolkata is surely going to leave a bitter taste in your mouth, quite literally.
Priyanka Moitra and her family stopped by a McDonald's outlet in EM Bypass area of Kolkata and ordered McDonald's special french fries among other food items.
While they were having their meal, Priyanka's daughter noticed a dead lizard with the french fries on the plate.
THE COMPLAINANT'S VERSION
Priyanka said, "It was my four-year-old daughter's birthday on Tuesday. We had gone to the McDonald's outlet in Mani square, where we ordered burger and french fries. As we started eating, I noticed a dead lizard with the french fries, which got me vomiting. I immediately reported the matter to the outlet manager, who apologised and took away the order and offered to replace the same with fresh stuff."
Priyanka, who is expecting, started feeling ill and dizzy, thinking of the health of her daughter and her unborn child. She clicked a picture of the dead lizard along with the french fries and lodged a complaint against the McDonald outlet with the Phulbagan police station.
"Filing a police complaint was important. People should know about this incident as consuming such poisonous food can be fatal", she said.
Priyanka and her family have said that they will take up the issue legally with the food giant.
Meanwhile, in his defence, the official spokesperson of McDonald's India (North and East divisions) has said, "We have been in contact with the customer and are taking the situation seriously. As soon as we learnt about the complaint, we launched a thorough investigation to gather the facts of the matter. Probe into the matter is going on and we are fully cooperating with authorities involved."