CRPF goes paperless with e-governance initiative
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) on Friday took a major e-governance initiative with the launching of the final phase of the financial management software to go paperless with its budget distribution and monitoring on a pan India basis among more than its 400 establishments spread across the country.
Director General CRPF, Sudeep Lakhtakia, formally inaugurated the system.
The force will henceforth process all its procurements and personal claims online through the Intranet and have seamless integration with its pay and accounts offices.
With SMS alerts and real time reports, expenditure management will ensure the highest standards of transparency.
This in-house development has been made with the objective of simplifying work processes to ensure expeditious settlement of claims of jawans and suppliers.
- RS MP Rajeev Chandrashekhar withdraws bill seeking to declare Pakistan 'terror state'
- Bastar journalist Santosh Yadav released from prison after 17 months
- In pictures: Kerala's Kiss of Love returns to protest Sena's moral policing
- Govt mobilises 6.4 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- UP ADG directs SSP Kanpur to register case against RUC chief