Delhi police crime branch is trying their best to pin down AIADMK leader TTV Dinakaran in bribe for symbol case.
WHAT CRIME BRANCH IS UPTO
- To prove involvement of TTV Dinakaran, Delhi Crime Branch officers are camping in Chennai. Today, they conducted a series of raids in different parts of Chennai.
- Starting today morning at around 11 am, they searched the home of a retired government officer Mohan, who belongs to the village of Mannargudi. In local reference, Dinakaran and his relatives are also known as the Mannargudi Mafia.
- As per sources, they have collected few documents and taken statement from Mohan. After that, team moved to a place in south Chennai itself which is called Kolapakkam.
- They reached to question two brothers associated with Dinakaran. As per sources they are close associates of Dinakaran and played a major role in meetings of Dinakaran and Sukesh Chandrashekhar. They left the house in half and hour as there was only a lady at home.
- Moving in to next destination, they reached in west Chennai's ancestral residence of Advocate Gopi, who is believed to be associate of Dinakaran and was a link between Dinakaran and Sukesh Chandrashekhar to seal the deal for bribe.
- After taking statement of family members, crime branch team went back to camp office at Rajaji Bhawan.
- In the meantime, in Delhi, Crime branch sleuths made two arrests in this case.
- One Naresh Agrawal arrested from Delhi for making payment of Rs 1.3 crore to Sukesh through his hawala route and another person is arrested from IGI Airport, Delhi. This person was coming back from Thailand and apprehended while coming out from airport. As per sources, he is known to Sukesh Chandrashekhar and he was the person who received the rest of the money paid in bribe for symbol.
- Back in Chennai, crime branch is running from pillar to post, to find out links and evidence against Dinakaran and Mallikarjuna.
- Dinakaran is still not cooperating in investigation. As per sources, Dinakaran has not surrendered his old mobile phone which he was using during the deal and few more crucial evidence are still out of hands of Crime Branch sleuths.