The Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday said that his priority right now is to contain the spread of coronavirus pandemic in India and all those who violated the government’s mandates on lockdown will be dealt with strictly.
Talking about the role of Tablighi Jamaat in the spread of Covid-19 during an exclusive interview to Network 18’s Editor-in-Chief Rahul Joshi, Shah said, “Right now, our priority is the fight against coronavirus and those who have broken the laws will not be spared. I want to assure this to the people of the country.”
Meanwhile, the CBI has started preliminary enquiry against organisers of the Tablighi Jamaat for alleged dubious cash transactions and hiding of foreign donations from authorities, officials said on Friday. A preliminary enquiry was filed by the CBI in the first week of May. Sources in the CBI said the enquiry has been registered against the organisers of the Jamat and other unknown persons on a complaint received by the agency.
The complaint alleges that the organisers and trustees indulged in dubious cash transaction by using illegal and unfair means. They attendees of the religious congregation, which took plae in
The CBI has been provided the copy of the FIR filed by the Delhi Police in the Nizamuddin Markaz case. The police have also provided them the details of the investigation done by them so far, and filed 47 chargesheets in three consecutive days against 910 foreign attendees of the Markaz.