If you are an Indian, you are aware of the magical world of spices. Not only do these little power-packed ingredients enhance the taste of your food but also have loads of health benefits. One amongst the various spices that Indians are blessed with is clove! Also known as laung aur lawng in Hindi, this teeny flower-shaped spice is full of health and beauty benefits. Not only are cloves rich in natural antiseptic, anti-fungal, antibacterial, antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, healing properties but they are known to treat coughs, inflammation, flatulence, toothaches, bronchitis as well. Moreover, cloves can also help you lose weight. The spice can help improve digestion process making weight loss easier by helping the stimulation of metabolism. Since clove essential oils are also known to be a great ingredient that can help purify the blood, the impact of it can be directly seen on the skin.
Cloves for Acne
One of the best beauty benefits of cloves is that they can help you get rid of acne because of their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Cloves are rich in eugenol that has anti-fungal and antiseptic properties. Therefore cloves act as a natural way to address skin problems like warts, acne, sagging skin and wrinkles. Using cloves for skincare can also help prevent the oxidative damage of your collagen by free radicals which in turn gives you clearer skin. The spice also has anti-ageing properties and adding cloves to your skincare routine even once a week regularly can show positive effects on wrinkles, and sagging skin is concerned and dead skin.
Ways to use cloves for acne and overall skincare:
- You can add crushed cloves to some coconut oil and use it as a scrub to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Mix clove essential oil to any carrier oil or facial oil and apply it directly on your skin before your sleep to wake up with clear and soft skin.
- Add some clove oil or powder to the regular yoghurt, chickpea flour and turmeric face pack.
- Use clove oil mixed with coconut oil to remove your makeup instead of chemical-laden makeup removers.
- Boil some cloves in fresh water. Let the water cool and use it to wash your face every day to see the blemishes vanish from your skin.
Top 10 Uses of Cloves for Skin and Hair Care:
Cloves have astringent properties as well which means it may be a little strong on the skin, therefore make it a point to not use it directly on skin without mixing it in something.