Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while speaking at a programme on Civil Services Day, today urged bureaucrats to change their mindset and style of working. He emphasised on how India is changing and how every policy and its implementation has to be outcome centric. funfacts
Here are top 10 things PM Modi said:
- With changing times, a need may arise that we may have to change our working style. From regulator, we need to be an enabling entity.
- The push for reform comes from political leadership but the performance angle is determined by officers and Jan Bhagidari transforms.
- India is seen as a ray of hope world over and our democratic values are globally admired. Every policy of ours and its implementation has to be outcome centric.
- Earlier, role of the government, from healthcare to wanting to set up an industry, was very strong. Things are changing since 15 years.
- People are now seeing alternatives. For example- it can be about a private airline or a private healthcare service.
- Changing trends in the last 15-20 years have altered the dynamics. Competition can play a big role in bringing a qualitative change.
- With quantum jump in work must also come a qualitative change.
- Hierarchy remains an issue- this is something we inherited from colonial rulers and we did not leave that behind in Mussoorie.
- E-governance, M-governance, social media- these are good means to reach out to the people and for their benefits.
- A spirit of ownership is essential. Let us believe that through this setup we can bring a positive change in people's lives.
- ANI (@ANI_news) 21 April 2017