Chhattisgarh: Two Naxals killed in encounter in Sukma
The Chhattisgarh Police have gunned down two Naxals in an encounter in the Sukma district.
The Deputy Inspector General of Police, Sundarraj P., said, "It was an operation by a team of District Reserve Guard (DRG), who was out on an anti-Maoist operation last night. The encounter took place in the Rasatong jungle (between Gollapalli and Bheji of the Sukma district). We have also recovered weapons, explosive materials and wireless set after the encounter."
After the guns fell silent, the security forces searched the area and recovered - a 12 bore gun, one bharmar rifle (muzzle loading gun), a wireless set, codex wire 1.5 metre, a detonator, an electric multimeter, a radio, a couple of batteries, solar plates, solar plate, pitthu bags and some Maoist-related material from the spot.
Further details are awaited.
- Supreme Court to hear matter regarding 3rd round of NEET counselling on Friday
- A day before Ryan School reopened, Pradyuman's father had requested Gurugram DC to desist move
- Rohingyas issue: Rijiju appeals to international commissions, committees to not spread false information against India
- Bangalore: One dies in accident involving three minors
- Telangana: Six of a family commit suicide