SHOWS: MADRID, SPAIN (FEBRUARY 11, 2020) (ICARUS SPORTS - ACCESS ALL)
1. START OF FIFTH MARATHON HELD ON THE JARAMA MOTOR RACING CIRCUIT
2. RACE IN PROGRESS (2 SHOTS)
3. CHEN HUANG (NUMBER 7) LEADING THE MEN'S RACE
4. KRISTINA MADSEN (NUMBER 18, BEIGE TOP) LEADING THE WOMEN'S RACE ALONGSIDE OLIVIER THIRIET (35) (2 SHOTS)
5. CHEN HUANG WINNING MEN'S RACE FIVE
6. KRISTINA MADSEN WINNING WOMEN'S RACE FIVE FINISHING ALONGSIDE OLIVIER THIRIET, SECOND PLACE FINISHER IN THE MEN'S RACE
7. WHITE FLASH
8. (SOUNDBITE) (English) KRISTINA MADSEN SAYING:
"Well, I ran the course last year, I did a 3:12 last year, my personal best last year, so I knew what was coming. Embraced all the hills, I like the uphills and I like the downhills, so it's just a perfect course for me, perfect."
STORY: Chen Huang of China and Denmark's Kristina Madsen continued their domination of the World Marathon Challenge in Madrid, Spain on Tuesday (February 11) with their fourth victories out of the five marathons held so far.
The athletes are attempting to run seven marathons in seven days which began last week in Cape Town (Africa), followed by Novo (Antarctica), Perth (Australia), Dubai (Asia), Madrid (Europe), Fortaleza (South America) and Miami (North America).
In Madrid, Chen completed the marathon held on the Jarama motor racing track in a time of three hours, 14 minutes, 32 seconds, finishing almost four minutes ahead of Frenchman Olivier Thiriet.
Madsen won the women's race in 3:18:25, crossing the finish line alongside Thiriet and almost five minutes clear of American Jessica Jones in second place.
Chen's only finish off the winner's podium was in Antarctica where he was fourth, while Madsen's only defeat so far was when she took second place behind Jones in Perth.
Immediately after the race, the athletes travelled to Fortaleza in Brazil for race six on Wednesday (February 12) with the concluding race in Miami in the early hours of Thursday (February 13).
(Production: Mike Brock)