Centre should not squander Durrani's confession: Congress

New Delhi [India] Mar. 7 (ANI): Taking cognizance of the of the statement made by Pakistan's former national security advisor Mahmud Ali Durrani holding Islamabad responsible for the deadly 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, the Congress on Tuesday said the Government of India should utilize this in talks with Pakistan and at the international level as well.

Congress leader P.C. Chacko asserted that enough evidence had already been provided to Pakistan regarding the Mumbai attack but the neighboring nation refused to take any action.

"This is something which the government of India should utilize in talks with Pakistan and at international level as well. Pakistan, in spite of the fact that we have given credible evidence, is always refusing to accept it," Chacko said adding, "Now their own former intelligence chief has come out clearly saying that there is a Pakistan hand in the Mumbai attack and other terrorist attacks against India."

On Monday, Durrani said the November 26, 2008 terror attack in Mumbai was carried out by a terror group based in Pakistan, adding that it was a classic trans-border terrorist event.

"26/11 Mumbai attack carried out by a terror group based in Pakistan is a classic trans-border terrorist event," he said.

He said that because he held on this view, the government was not too pleased with, and it could one of reasons why he lost his job as National Security Advisor (NSA).

Durrani also added that Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed had no utility and Pakistan should act against him.

Mahmud Ali Durrani, a retired army general, was the National Security Advisor to the Pakistani government when 10 Pakistani terrorists sneaked into Mumbai after hijacking a boat and killed at least 164 people and wounding 308 across the city. (ANI)