New Delhi [India], Apr. 5 (ANI): The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday approved the agreement on audio visual co-production between India and Bangladesh.
Salient features of the agreement:
• The agreement would cover co-production of films, documentaries, and animations films.
• An audio-visual co-production made in accordance with the proposed agreement shall be entitled to all the benefits which may be accorded to any national audio-visual work by both countries in accordance with their respective laws and regulations.
• It will lead to exchange of art and culture among the two countries and create goodwill and better understanding among the peoples of both the countries.
• Co-productions provide an opportunity to create and showcase our soft power.
• It leads to generation of employment among artistic, technical as well as non-technical personnel engaged in the arena of audio-visual co- production including post-production and its marketing, thus adding to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of both the countries.
• The utilization of Indian locales for shooting raises the visibility / prospect of India as a preferred film shooting destination across the globe.
India, so far, has entered into audio-visual co-production agreements with Italy, United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, France, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, Canada, China and the Republic of Korea. (ANI)