The bypolls which are crucial for Dholpur Assembly seat will be held on April 9. The Dholpur Assembly constituency is important for both BJP and Congress in the state of Rajasthan.
HERE IS A LOOK AT SOME IMPORTANT POINTS
- Bypoll for the Dholpur Assembly constituency is being considered crucial in the political circles of both BJP and Congress in Rajasthan.
- With Assembly elections in Rajasthan due next year, several believe result of the Dholpur Assembly seat can indicate which way wind is blowing for Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje in the desert state.
- Both the BJP and the Congress in Rajasthan launched their senior leaders during campaigning stage.
- Several senior BJP leaders and ministers including party leader Vasundhara Raje, BJP state President Ashok Parnami, ministers Younus Khan, Rajendra Rathore, Arun Chaturvedi, have campaigned for party candidate Shobharani Kushwah.
- Congress' PCC Chief Sachin Pilot, Girija Vyas, Jitendra Singh, former state Congress President Dr Chandrabhan Singh and several others have campaigned for the Congress candidate Banwari Lal Sharma.
- Congress candidate Banwari Lal Sharma is a veteran politician who has been an MLA five times.
- BSP MLA from Dholpur, BL Kushwah, had to vacate the seat following his conviction in the infamous Naresh murder case.
- Interestingly, BJP decided to put in field Shobharani Kushwah, who happens to be the wife of the convicted BSP leader, BL Kushwah.
- Vasundhara Raje had decided to stay in Dholpur and not leave from there which led to Congress alleging violation of model code of conduct.
BJP claimed Vasundhara Raje decided to stay in Dholpur as the doctor had advised her complete bed rest for three days as her foot got twisted.
Also Read || Dholpur bypoll:VVPAT machines to be used for first time in Raj ||
Also Read || Dholpur Assembly by-election a prestige issue for the BJP ||