Pune, May 18: A get-together of four friends in Maharashtra's Pune turned into a nightmare at a global fast-food chain outlet after one of them who took a bite of his burger, landed in the hospital. The quartet had gone to a Burger King on FC Road to have a lunch outing. As soon as Sajit Pathan took a bite of his burger, he complained uneasiness and spat blood. Food-Poisoning Leaves 3 dead, 24 Hospitalised After Eating Stale Meat.
When his friends checked his burger, they were shocked as it had broken glass in it. The episode, which took place around 3 pm on Wednesday, came to light when the 31-year-old and his friends filed a police complaint against fast food global chain Burger King and its employees at the Deccan Gymkhana police station.
"We have registered a complaint by the customer last Saturday (May 18) against Burger King. We are awaiting medical reports from the hospital before taking further steps," investigating officer Inspector Deepak Lagad told news agency IANS. Not Lovin It! Beijing Woman Finds Feathers in McDonald’s Chicken Wings.
Contacted for a response, a manager at the Burger King outlet, who identified himself as Siddharth, denied any knowledge of the incident, saying that he was on leave at that time. According to Lagad, the victim's condition is now fine and he is moving around normally, but the investigations would continue in the matter.
An FIR invoking several sections of the IPC, including Section 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) based on the victim's complaint and his medical reports have been filed, he said, adding that police have scanned the CCTV when the alleged event took place, but prima facie, there was no evidence of glass pieces in the burger.
(With IANS Inputs)