British Defence Secretary meets Arun Jaitley, to chair first India-UK strategic dialogue
U.K. Secretary of State for Defence Michael Fallon, who arrived in India on Tuesday on a four-day visit, met his Indian counterpart Arun Jaitley on 13 April.
Fallon was given a special guard of honour upon his arrival. He later laid the wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti here.
Fallon, who is accompanied by a high-powered delegation, will chair the first India-UK strategic dialogue. The dialogue was decided to be held during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's November 2015 visit to Britain.
This visit is expected to further cement the bilateral defence and international security partnership.
Fallon, the third British Cabinet Minister to visit India in April, is also expected to visit Mumbai. He will also meet Indian Defence Ministry officials, military staff, business and opinion leaders, the British High Commission said.
- Niti Aayog lays down seven-point agenda in front of govt.
- Aseemanand seeks court's permission to go out of Hyderabad
- ED issues summon to Himachal CM Virbhadra Singh again
- Left for all-party meet, says confidence on EVMs 'stands shaken'
- Ahead of PM's visit, cycle rally held in Surat to create fuel awareness