Box office report: Sanjay Dutt’s Bhoomi outperforms Shraddha Kapoor’s Haseena and Rajkummar Rao’s Newton
Sanjay Dutt and Aditi Rao Hydari starrer Bhoomi released this week in nearly 1894 screens in India and 240 screens overseas. This comeback film of Dutt is directed by Omung Kumar and has got mixed reviews and earned Rs. 2.25 crore on first day. Bhoomi is made with approximately Rs. 30 crore budgets. It got good number of screens 1894 in India and 240 overseas.
Shraddha Kapoor’s biopic on Haseena Parkar featured her real brother Siddhant Kapoor as Dawood and Ankur Bhatia played her husband in the film. The film, which is based on underworld don Dawood Ibrahim’s sister Haseena, directed by Apoorva Lakhia. It was released in more than 100 screens in India and was made on a budget of Rs. 25 crore. The film received average reviews and could only collect Rs. 1.50 crore.
Third release of the week was Rajkummar Rao’s Newton directed by Amit Masurkar. The film has received positive reviews and it was made on limited budget of Rs. 10 crore. It was also released in limited 400 screens. On the day of the released it was declared to be official entry to Oscars by India and it earned Rs. 80 lakh on day one.
- Watch: You will be stunned to see Anushka Sharma's reaction on meeting her ex
- Anusha Sharma denies the reports of opening a restaurant with Virat Kohli.
- Jacqueline Fernandez to play a cop in Race 3?
- Not Arjun Kapoor, This actor to star in Kapil Dev's Biopic
- Newton's Oscar Nomination: Twitter flooded with B-Town reactions for Rajkummar Rao