Bollywood 2017: Top 5 films that failed to impress us
Only three months are left to go in the year 2017 and now only the festivals slated release films are going to hit the screens. The year 2017 has not been so good for Bollywood as the business traders saw many major flops at the box office. Even the Bollywood superstars have given back to back flops this year.
Bollywood has failed to impress the audience this year. Whether it is the Baahubali effect or the absence of any concept films, the reason behind the failure of Bollywood can't be concluded easily.
Even the filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani already has said that after Baahubali series the scale of films have been raised and now the Bollywood audience is expecting much from the films.
Here is a list of top 5 films which had huge expectations but they all tanked at the box office :-
Jab Harry Met Sejal still
1. Jab Harry Met Sejal - Imtiaz Ali directorial film has a superstar cast Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma. Even Imtiaz Ali has his own stardom in filmmaking but what happened with the film is known to everyone. The film didn't even recover its budget.
2. Tubelight - After giving a huge hit film Bajrangi Bhaijaan in 2015, the duo Salman Khan and Kabir Khan came together for Tubelight. This time their 'Tubelight' didn't run for a long time at the box office and it is even the worst 100 crore film of Salman Khan till now.
3. Rangoon - Sajid Nadiadwala, who was on a track of giving back to back hits, has also given the biggest flop of the year. Nothing worked in the favour of Rangoon, despite having biggest star cast like Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Kangana Ranaut and director Vishal Bhardwaj.
Jagga Jasoos still
4. Jagga Jasoos – The film took at least 3 years to get completed and released. Although, makers put all their effort to make it a refreshing film but this film of Ranbir, Katrina, and Anurag Basu failed at the box office. The film, however, received warm welcome from the critics.
Munna Michael still
5. Munna Michael - Although Tiger Shroff is not that much a big star in Bollywood right now, he has made his own fan following in the film industry. He and his debut film director Sabbir Khan made two film Heropanti and Baaghi together and both the films were a huge hit at the box office. Then they made Munna Michael which totally failed to impress anyone at the box office.