The blackbuck case, involving actors Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Tabu and Neelam came up for hearing in Jodhpur's Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) court on Wednesday. The accused were asked to produce evidence in support of their statements. But no proof was presented to support the statements made by the accused. During the last hearing held on January 27, all the accused had pleaded innocent. The statements of the prosecution's witnesses had been taken earlier.
As per the court, final arguments in the case will begin on March 1.
SALMAN'S HISTORY IN BLACKBUCK, ARMS ACT CASES
- During the shooting of the movie Hum Saath Saath Hain, Salman Khan allegedly went for a hunt along with Saif, Neelam, Sonali and Tabu and killed two blackbucks in Kankani area.
- Following a lot of hue and cry by the local Bishnoi community, a case was filed against Salman Khan and other actors, alongwith one local person Dushyant Singh in the matter.
- Salman had last month got a huge reprieve after his acquittal by the Chief Judicial Magistrate Dalpat Singh in the Arms Act case.
- In two other cases, Salman Khan allegedly went out for hunting, killing two chinkaras in Bhawad area and another one in Ghoda Farms.
- But he was acquitted by the Rajasthan High Court in July 2016 in the Chinkara poaching cases.
- However, the Rajasthan government went ahead and filed a Special Leave Petition (SLP) in the Supreme Court challenging the acquittal by the High Court.