Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh spearheaded the attack against BJP led NDA government in Rajya Sabha today on the formation of government in Goa.
Talking to India Today, Congress Rajya Sabha MP said, "Rahul Gandhi was right when he said that they have stolen ( mandate) like a thief.. They have committed dacoity. Theft and dacoity is always committed at night... They have committed dacoity and BJP will have to pay for it."
Accusing BJP of 'stealing' people's mandate in Goa, Digvijaya Singh asked for a detailed discussion on the matter in the Upper House of Parliament.
Here's what is happening:
- To this, Union minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi replied that they are ready for a dialogue.
- However, as per rules of Rajya Sabha, Congress was asked to submit a substantive motion against the Governor of Goa.
- "We are submitting a substantive motion against the Governor of Goa and Finance Minister Arun Jaitely and have requested the chair to accept it," said Digvijaya Singh.
- He added that the principal opposition party will take this matter to the President of India.
- "We are drafting a memorandum and would take this matter up with the President of India. We will ask him to dismiss Goa governor on grounds of misconduct."
- Congress senior leader directed his ire towards Union minister Nitin Gadkari as well.
- "Nitin Gadkari in an interview said that he got instructions and he picked up his bag and moved to Goa. Now Gadkari should tell us what all came out of the bag and what was distributed."