BJP sacks Narela candidate after expelled AAP leader campaigns for her
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on 18 April expelled its Narela candidate Savita Khatri ahead of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) elections.
This came after former Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Sandeep Kumar, who was sacked over alleged sex scandal, was seen campaigning for her.
The BJP also withdrew her as the party's candidate.
Last year, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had expelled Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe Welfare and Women and Child Welfare Minister Sandeep Kumar after he was purportedly shown in an 'objectionable' video.
- Activists' corner UP Govt. after woman shot dead in police station
- IIT Delhi hostel instructs women to attend House Day in 'full covered decent clothes'
- Indian workers to get affected as Australia to abolish 457 visa programme
- UK: Vijay Mallya arrested in London
- No discussion over Dinakaran or Sasikala took place: Tamil Nadu Minister