BJP will punish perpetrators of Sukma encounter: Amit Shah
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national president Amit Shah on 26 April,asserted that strong action will be taken against the guilty in the CRPF encounter with the Naxal of Chhattisgarh's Sukma District.
Shah, while addressing press conference in Kolkata, said, "The BJP party would ensure to take strong action in the Sukma encounter case. Guilty would be punished."
While asserting that violence can be stopped only through development, he vowed to punish the ones who are disrupting peace in this process.
The Union Home Ministry earlier today sought a report from the CRPF on the recent Sukma attack, which claimed lives of at least 25 security personnel.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh yesterday directed Director General of the CRPF and security adviser to Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) K. Vijay Kumar to stay put in Chhattisgarh and frame strategy to tackle Naxals in Sukma.
As many as 25 CRPF personnel were killed and six others injured in the encounter with the Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma on Monday.
The attack took place on personnel of the CRPF's 74th Battalion as they were assisting the local population in road building activity in the district.
- Tamil Nadu: Removal of VK Sasikala posters brings AIADMK rival factions closer
- Sukma attack: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan announces ex-gratia of Rs. 25 lakh for family of CRPF Jawan of MP
- Ashok Gehlot appointed as General Secretary of Gujarat Congress
- MCD Election Results: Will do analysis of our defeat, says Manish Sisodia
- Indian High Commissioner to meet Pak Foreign Secy for consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav