BJP gave Muslims sanctity: RS Prasad. Tell that to families of Akhlaq & Pehlu Khan
On Friday, Union telecom minister said that the BJP has given Muslims “proper sanctity” even though the party does not get Muslim votes.
“We have got 13 chief ministers of our own. We are ruling the country. Have we victimised any Muslim working in the industry or service? Have we dismissed them? We don’t get Muslim votes. I acknowledge very clearly, but have we given them proper sanctity or not?” Prasad asked at the Mindmine Summit in Delhi.
The minister faced flak from several quarters. Hyderabad MP and All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen president Asaduddin Owaisi said that Muslims are given rights by the Constitution and they are not dependent on BJP.
Strangely, Prasad ended up contradicting himself. His comment that “Muslims don't vote for BJP” belies his earlier claim that Muslim women had voted for BJP because of Triple Talaq.
Here are some of the other responses to Ravi Shankar Prasad's rather patronising statement.
Mr Prasad's sanctity (did he mean sanctuary?) must evoke great comfort among Muslims (such as Pehlu Khan). https://t.co/llL3YRsKeV— Hartosh Singh Bal (@HartoshSinghBal) April 22, 2017
Muslims don't vote BJP, so they should be thankful to them that they are not lynched or rioted against... oh wait 🤔 https://t.co/qRADYE0BC4— Suryanarayan Ganesh (@gsurya) April 22, 2017
Don't seek Muslim votes, don't give them tickets, justify their killings, then say they don't vote for us https://t.co/SIjbT6HRxp— Shivam Vij (@DilliDurAst) April 21, 2017
- Is PDP-BJP coalition in J&K heading for splitsville? Mehbooba to meet PM
- Yogi govt goes after Akhilesh one project as a time, but the former CM is unperturbed
- Punjab to become Pak’s power bank? Amarinder recycles old Akali plan
- This is how the cookie crumbles: Delhi Police might arrest Dinakaran today in the bribery case
- Mamata's message to Trinamool workers: BJP is enemy No.1 in Bengal