BJP asks Congress to sack Karnataka MLA NA Haris, claims he is safe because of CM
BJP has upped the ante and asked Congress to sack NA Haris after the Karnataka MLA's son, Mohammed Nalapad was sent to Judicial Custody till March 7.
Mohammed Nalapad was taken into custody for brutally assaulting a person named Vidvat, who is currently being treated in the ICU.
BJP said that Congress is not taking action against NA Haris by saying they cannot punish the father for the crime committed by his son. They further allege that MLA NA Haris is the main culprit who abused his office to prevent a proper investigation.
On Thursday evening, a few senior BJP leaders led by former Deputy CM R Ashoka met the Governor and handed over a memorandum to him.
They requested him to intervene in the matter in order to stop 'goondaism' unleashed by Congress legislators and supporters in Bengaluru city.
R Ashoka told India Today that every day an incident is taking place that is bringing a bad name to state.
"We thought after MLA NA Haris sons' incident, Congress MLAs would have learnt a lesson but they have not."
R Ashoka further added that action should be taken against the MLA who is involved in all this.
BJP's allegations against MLA NA Haris:
- MLA Haris tried to subvert due process of law by interfering in the police investigation. He prevented the filing of FIR against his son. Later, he pressurised police not to charge Section 307 of IPC, Attempt to Murder case against his son.
- MLA Haris pressurised the police officers in his constituency not to arrest his son immediately. Also, the rowdy sheet was not opened against his son, violating due process.
- MLA Haris protected his son in his house for a good 38 hours instead of surrendering him to the police, which is a clear instance of undue interference in the investigation.
- There are reports of MLA Haris pressuring the pub where the incident took place to delete the CCTV footage, thereby destroying crucial evidence. Apart from being a crime in itself, this is a clear abuse of power.
- Police inspector who followed MLA Haris' orders is suspended. Is it fair and logical that the one who gave orders is safe, but the one who only followed orders is suspended?
- Supporters of MLA Haris attacked media persons in full glare. Why aren't cases filed against them for assault? Should case not be filed against MLA Haris for instigating and abetting the assault on media?
- Is NA Haris being protected by CM because he is money bag for Congress? Is he being protected because he is close to Rahul Gandhi?