Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi claims to have done an "expose" on RJD chief Lalu Prasad and his family members over the alleged benami properties and lands. The Bihar leader today disclosed the "modus operandi" behind Lalu's alleged turning of the black money into white through several shell companies.
Modi's disclosure related to AK Infosystem Pvt Ltd, a company which was formed by liquor baron Om Prakash Katyal and his family in 2006 when Lalu was the Railway Minister. Today, Lalu's family has complete control over the company.
In support of his allegations, Modi presented documents to suggest that the sole purpose of forming AK Infosystems by the Katyal family was to acquire benami properties for Lalu and his family and later transferring the ownership of the firm to Lalu and family.
LALU'S MODUS OPERANDI AS CLAIMED BY MODI:
- AK Infosystems in March 2007 purchased approximately 31000 sq ft of land in Panapur (12500 sq ft) and Chitkohra (18500 sq ft) in Patna for Rs 39 lakh.
- Rabri Devi's brother Prabhunath Yadav, in 2006, gifted property worth Rs 14 lacs in Salempur Dumra to Tejaswi and Tej Pratap.
- After almost 4 years, this property was purchased by A.K Infosystems by paying a price five times higher at Rs. 70 lacs to both brothers. The payment to both brothers was made through cheque. In this way, not only did Tejaswi and Tej Pratap received Rs. 70 lacs for the gifted land but the owner of the land became AK Infosystems.
- In order to purchase the land owned by both brother, Katyal family gave a loan of Rs. 1.15 crore their company A.K Infosystems Pvt Ltd.
- In 2014, Katyal family separated themselves from this company and the shareholding was transferred to Lalu and family. Presently, Rabri Devi holds 85 per cent shares of this company while Tejaswi holds 15. Lalu's daughters Chanda and Ragini are the sole directors in this company now.
- Through this transaction, Rs 70 lakh was also received for the gifted land by Lalu's family and later AK Infosystems, the company which purchased the land was also transferred to Lalu's family.
Sushil Modi claimed that the Katyals, between 2000-2005 when Rabri Devi was the Chief Minister, had opened a liquor factory named Icebergs Industries Pvt Ltd in Bihta in Patna. In lieu of the government's assistance, he formed AK Infosystems to acquire benami properties for Lalu Prasad. Modi claimed that Lalu presently is owner of the benami property to the tune of Rs 1000 crore.
Modi has asked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to take cognizance of the matter and order a probe into this. He said if the Bihar government failed to take the necessary steps, he would be complaining to the Income Tax department, the Enforcement Directorate and the CBI on this issue.