Here are the top headlines of the hour:
1) As there are less than two for the first phase of Bengal elections, it is getting intense with each passing day. Both the parties, BJP and TMC are showing a lot of strength for the elections
2) Ahead of Tamil Nadu assembly polls, AIADMK poll manifesto puts ally BJP on the spot, AIADMK vows to convince centre to revoke Citizenship Amendment Act
3) In the latest development in the Antilia bomb scare case, Assistant Police Inspector Sachin Waze, who was initially investigating the high-profile case and later arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA), has been suspended from service.
4) Fresh faceoff between the centre and Delhi government after the centre tables the bill to give more powers to Governor-General in Delhi.
5) In terms of COVID cases, India is witnessing a massive surge. Earlier, five states were contributing to 80 per cent of the overall COVID cases, but there are seven states that have witnessed a sudden spike in COVID cases. Madhya Pradesh is the latest entry on the list.
6) It is being reported that services at state-owned banks maybe hit across the country today with the United Forum of Bank Union which is an umbrella body of nine groups, has called for a two-day strike that reportedly begins today. The group is holding a protest against the privatisation of state-owned lenders.
7) Cop Blackmails the rape survivor in Rajasthan, seeks sexual favours; arrested
8) Tune in at 7 pm for special ground reports from all the five poll-bound states.