New Delhi, April 1 (IANS) Flaunt your saris in different ways other than the traditional style. Replace the blouse with a chic crop top or add a belt for added style, suggest experts.
Bhavya Chawla, Chief Stylist at Voonik and Yashodhara Shroff, Director and founder at Styletag.com have given tips on how you can stylise your six-yard wonder in innovative ways:
* Ditch traditional blouse for a crop top: Pair a funky crop top with your sari. Choose from polka dotted prints or monochrome colours and Aztec prints and flaunt your midriff in these hot picks. You can also switch to peplums.
* Top it with jackets or shirts: Sport an embroidered, velvet, denim or collared jacket with sari. Try coverall jackets and sheer printed shirts to look trendy.
Pick a heavily embroidered jacket and team it with a plain sari or a collared jacket like the Victorian ruffled high collar style to dazzle in the traditional attire.
* Belt your sari: Using the right belt can make you look classy in a sari. Look for a metal waist belt or an embellished one in leather or fabric that can be worn a little above your waistline. Belts can give the sari a perfect structure and hold your pleats in place. The belt can save the pallu from sliding off as well.
* Ditch the sari petticoat: Team your sari with a pair of palazzos, dhoti pants or jeans to sport a modern look. Traditionally, a sari is draped over a petticoat, but play it up with these combinations to make a statement.
* Give away Kancheepuram silk or georgette and go denim: Instead of going for the regular sari fabrics like georgette and kancheepuram silk, try different fabrics like denim and make a style statement of your own.
This is published unedited from the IANS feed.