Baramulla’s CIIIT to help Kashmiri students get skills required by industry experts

Baramulla (J&K), Jan 29 (ANI): Centre for Invention, Innovation, Incubation and Training (CIIIT) in J&K’s Baramulla district will help Kashmiri students to enhance their skills according to requirements of the industry. Speaking to ANI, Principal of Government Polytechnic College in Baramulla, Manzoor Ahmad Kumar said, “It took seven months of continuous work to establish this centre. The objective of CIIT is to bridge the gap between what is taught in engineering institutes and what actually is needed by the industry and to promote invention, innovation and incubation skills in students through the mentorship of industry experts.” He said Tata Technologies bore 85% of the total expenditure, while the J&K administration contributed the rest 15%.“At present, we have 178 candidates enrolled in nine different courses. The annual intake capacity at CIIIT will be increased to 1,400,” he added. Talking to ANI, students said they were happy at establishment of CIIIT. Farhan Majeed, a student of CIIIT said, “Earlier, we needed to go to Delhi or Chandigarh to receive the training that is now available at CIIIT. I want to thank Jammu and Kashmir administration for bringing all these courses and facilities at our doorstep.” “My appeal and message to youth is to come here and try availing the training here,” he added. Aksara Bhat, another student at CIIIT said they need not travel outside to enhance their skills. “At present, nine courses are available here. My subject is robotics. I think this centre will improve the practical skills of Kashmiri students. We were not able to do our practical because the instruments were not available here. Earlier, we only used to do theory properly. Now, we can also have practical knowledge without going to some other city. I think it will enhance our skills,” she added. The centre was inaugurated by J&K Lieutenant Governor (LG) Manoj Sinha.