Dhaka, Aug.27 (ANI): Bangladesh cricket authorities have said they would lift the ban on ex-skipper Shakib Al Hasan from 15 September.
A decision in this regard has been taken after the star all-rounder begged for a review of his six-month suspension for bad behaviour, reports Sport24.
Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan made the announcement after a board meeting in Dhaka on Tuesday, saying Shakib had repented for his mistakes.
He said Shakib will now be available for selection for the Asian Games, the Zimbabwe series and the domestic league.
However, he said the ban on Shakib appearing in foreign leagues would continue until December 31.
Shakib's suspension came after he reportedly threatened to quit international cricket when he was called back to Dhaka before his planned appearance in the Caribbean Premier League Twenty20 tournament.
He had also misbehaved with the new national coach Chandika Hathurusinghe and had made indecent gestures at local fans earlier this year, reports Sport24.
In June Shakib beat up a spectator who reportedly used abusive language against the player's wife during a Bangladesh-India match.
The left-hander has played 34 Tests, scoring 2,278 runs with a batting average of 37.96 and taken 122 wickets, the country's highest.
He has played 134 one-day internationals scoring 3,835 runs and taking 171 wickets. (ANI)