Badrinath Ki Dulhania had a phenomenal run in its opening weekend as the film raked in around 12.08 crore on Monday taking the four day extended weekend total to Rs 55.13 crore.
The Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt film showed good growth over the weekend and was benefitted by the Holi holiday on Monday. The romantic comedy has done well across the country with major centres being Mumbai, Delhi, UP, Bihar, Punjab, CP and CI.
Day wise collection:
- Friday: Rs 12.25 crore
- Saturday: Rs 14.75 crore
- Sunday: Rs 16.05 crore
- Monday: Rs 12.08 crore
- Total: Rs 55.13 crore
The collections would have been higher by around 5 to 10 percent had it not been the exam period however a positive word of mouth would ensure a steady trend in the long run. The film is made on a controlled budget and the producers as well distributors will entail a good chunk of profit by the end of its run.
The movie is looking for Rs 70 crore plus opening week which would be a fantastic result given the economics and release period. Badrinath Ki Dulhania in all possibilities will be Varun Dhawan’s third 100 crore grosser as it is unlikely to crash on weekdays.
- Karan Johar, Mika Singh wish Aamir Khan on 52nd birthday
- Sridevi's daughter Jhanvi Kapoor advised to avoid public appearances?
- 'When a woman is challenged': Sridevi shares first look of 'MOM'
- Thugs of Hindostan goes on floor in June; Aamir Khan doesn’t confirm Salute
- Harshvardhan and Anil Kapoor to be part of a biopic on Abhinav Bindra