Salman Khan’s Eid 2016 release, Sultan created history by recording the highest advance ticket sales. The film sold tickets worth Rs 24 crore in via advance booking and many thought that the record would not be challenged for a while.
However, SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali: The Conclusion has broken the advance ticket sales record of the wrestling drama at several centres. According to trade sources, the Hindi dubbed version of the film has already minted above Rs 17 crore from advance ticket sales over the weekend and the number is expected to grow further.
Baahubali: The Conclusion has surpassed Prem Ratan Dhan Payo which sold tickets worth Rs 14 crore in advance.
The epic drama is expected to embark onto a thunderous start at the box-office and the trade is expecting it to be the biggest non holiday opener in the Hindi belt. Given the response to advance, the opening day number of the film might be something that none would have forecasted.
Aamir Khan’s Dhoom 3 currently hold the record of biggest non holiday opener as the film raked in approximately Rs 33 crore on its opening day.
Note: Sultan and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo were Holiday releases as compared to Baahubali 2 which does not reap benefit of a National Holiday in its weekend.
- Girls would just swoon when he passed by even before he became an actor : Rishi Kapoor
- Katrina Kaif cancels her interviews due to Vinod Khanna's demise
- B-town celebs mourn passing away of Vinod Khanna
- RIP Vinod Khanna: Celebrities, politicians, fans pay tributes on Twitter
- “We live in a democracy and everyone has a right to give an opinion: Priyanka Chopra