Aurangabad Man Attempts Suicide After Being Forced by Family to Marry for Second Time

Team Latestly

Aurangabad, September 18: A 35-year-old man in Maharashtra tried to end his life by jumping off from the second floor of a building after being forced by his parents to marry for the second time. Reports inform the man, who was believed to be frustrated and helpless,  jumped off the building of the Aurangabad Commissionerate after being pressurised by his family. According to a report by TOI, the man, identified as Musa Mushtaq Shaikh, is a resident of Jinsi area of Aurangabad. He sustained multiple fractures in the legs and his condition is stable now. The report further informs that the man is being treated at Government Medical College and Hospital. Navy Sailor Commits Suicide at INS Shivaji in Lonavala.

Also Read | Maharashtra Assembly Elections 2019 Dates: Election Commission Likely to Announce Poll Schedule at Press Conference Today

As soon as the incident was reported, police rushed to the spot to take a stock of the situation. The TOI report quotes assistant commissioner of police Nagnath Kole saying that as per initial investigation, the man was disturbed and stressed that his parents were asking him to get married for the second time. According to sources, the man’s family was unhappy with his first wife and wanted him to get married again. Odisha: Facing Extreme Poverty, Tribal Woman in Malkangiri Commits Suicide, Poisons 2 Sons.

The report informs that man was sitting on the stairs and was in the waiting area for a couple of hours, before he made the suicide attempt. Police said that the man’s family pressurised him so much that reached the commissionerate to lodge a complaint against them. After reaching there, the man hesitated to lodge a complaint against his family members and decided to end his life.

Also Read | Urmila Matondkar Gets in Touch With Uddhav Thackeray’s PA Amid Speculations of Joining Shiv Sena

When the family members were interrogated, they claimed that Shaikh was addicted to liquor and was under treatment for mental illness. During investigation, the family members further informed that Shaikh remained under the constant fear of being attacked by unknown people.