Assembly election: Parkash Singh Badal wins from Lambi seat
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on 11 March, 2017 stood victorious from his pocket borough Lambi Assembly constituency.
The 89-year-old was locked in a triangular contest with Punjab Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh and journalist-turned-politician Jarnail Singh.
The state has seen an intense political battle among the ruling Akali Dal-BJP alliance, the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
Punjab registered a record voter turnout of 75 percent across its 117 constituencies on February 4.
- AAP's struggle will continue: Arvind Kejriwal
- Punjab CM Badal to resign tomorrow
- Assembly elections 2017: Congress leading in Manipur, BJP puts up spirited performance
- 'We live in soul of India': Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala
- Assembly election: Ecstatic after win, Captain Amarinder Singh dubs AAP as 'ineffective' summer storm