The BJP is leading in 55 seats in the 70-member Uttarakhand Assembly, while ruling Congress was racing ahead in 11, except Chief Minister Harish Rawat who lost Haridwar (Rural) seat.
Trends are available now for all 70 seats out of which BJP leads in 55, Congress in 11 and Independents in 4, state election office here said.
However, Chief Minister Harish Rawat lost Haridwar (Rural) seat to BJP's Yatishwaranand by over 12,000 votes. In the initial rounds, Rawat was also trailing in Kichcha, the other seat he was contesting.
Congress veteran Indira Hridayesh is also trailing in Haldwani.
Most of the Congress turncoats trying their luck as BJP nominees this time including Harak Singh Rawat, Subodh Uniyal, Rekha Arya, Saurav Bahuguna, Pradeep Batra, Yashpal Arya and Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion are leading in their respective seats barring Shailendra Mohan Singhal and Shailarani Rawat who are trailing in Jaspur and Kedarnath constituencies respectively.
BJP nominees Munna Singh Chauhan, Ganesh Joshi, Vinod Chamoli, Harbans Kapoor, Khajan Singh and Rajesh Shukla are also leading in their seats.
BJP's Ritu Khanduri, Kedar Singh, Satpal Maharaj, Bharat Singh, Rajkumar Thukral, Yatishwaranand, Madan Kaushik, Dhan Singh Rawat, Dhan Singh Negi, Magan Lal Shah, Narayan Singh Rana are all leading in their respective seats.
- Assembly election: Congress leads in 50 seats in Punjab as per early trends
- Assembly Election 2017: AAP confident of govt formation in Punjab, Goa
- Assembly polls: Congress leading in 13 seats in Punjab
- Punjab polls: Parkash Singh leads from Lambi, Capt. Amarinder Singh second
- Assembly polls: Counting underway in Punjab, Parkash Singh Badal leading from Lambi