In a crackdown on a top government official, the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Andhra Pradesh has raided the residence of a chief engineer with the state's education and welfare infrastructure development corporation.
Acting on a complaint, the ACB raided the house of B Jagadeshwar Reddy, who is a chief engineer of Andhra Pradesh Education Welfare and Infrastructure Development Corporation (APEWIDC).
HERE IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ANTI-CORRUPTION BUREAU CRACKDOWN:
- The Anti-Corruption Bureau is carrying out searches at eight locations, including the house of B Jagadeshwar Reddy.
- Raids are on at Hyderabad, Vijaywada, Mahbubnagar and Suryapet districts in Telangana, and at a location in Chennai too.
- So far, huge amounts of cash, gold and silver ornaments, expensive cutlery, and several property related documents have been recovered.
- ACB sleuths believe that the senior government officer owns properties worth several crores of rupees.
- The raids, which started around 6.30 am, are still on. Further details are awaited.