Allahabad High Court grants bail to Amanmani Tripathi
The Allahabad High Court on 9 March, 2017 granted bail to Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Amanmani Tripathi in connection with the murder of his wife Sara.
A Delhi Court had earlier in November, 2016 last year extended the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) custody of Tripathi for more three days.
Sara died on 9 July, 2015 when the car she was travelling in with Amanmani met with an accident on National Highway-2 in Firozabad district.
Sara's mother Seema Singh alleged that her daughter was killed at the behest of Amanmani's father Amarmani - who is serving life sentence in poet Madhumita Shukla's murder case along with his wife Madhumati.
She wanted the case to be transferred to the CBI and the same was later recommended by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. The CBI took over the investigation in 2015.
- Unfortunate that 1.5 lakh people die in road accidents every year: Nitin Gadkari
- Woman's body found dumped on Delhi-Dehradun highway
- Goa to host 71st Santosh Trophy from 12 March
- Incidents of attacks against Indians in US taken 'seriously:' Rajnath Singh
- Pakistan: Hindu woman axed to death by unidentified men in Balochistan province