Akhilesh Yadav should handover Samajwadi throne back to Mulayam: Shivpal
Ex-Uttar Pradesh Minister Shivpal Yadav has urged former state chief Akhilesh Yadav to embrace Samajwadi Supremo Mulayam Singh as the party head again.
Shivpal, in late hours on 17 April, asserted that Akhilesh should first unite the party and the family.
"He should unite the whole family and the party. He should fulfill what he had said. He should fulfill his moral duty. Akhilesh should now embrace Mulayam Singh the national chief of the party again," said Shivpal.
Mulayam, earlier this month, had blamed Akhilesh for Samajwadi Party's poor performance in assembly elections and said that his son had insulted him and the voters understood that "one who is not loyal to his father, cannot be loyal to anyone" which led to the party's poll debacle. He also said that a final view on floating a new party is yet to be taken.
"I was badly insulted, which I had never faced in my life. Nevertheless, I tolerated. No leader of any party in India had made his son a chief minister during his lifetime, but I made Akhilesh the Chief Minister of UP," he said.
The Samajwadi Party got only 47 seats out 403 in the Uttar Pradesh elections.
- UP minister, AIMPLB member lock horns over triple talaq issue
- Pakistan: Six killed in car-van collision in Bhakkar
- O.Panneerselvam to Election Commission: Rescind Sasikala's appointment as AIADMK general secretary
- Australia abolishes visa programme used mostly by Indians
- Uttarakhand: IT raids at UP official's house in Dehradun