Our aim should not only be 'Make in India' but also 'Design in India': PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday stressed upon acknowledging 'Design in India' apart from 'Make in India' for the growth of gems and jewelry sector.
'As far as the gems and jewelry sector is concerned our aim should not only be ' Make in India' but also ' Design in India',' the Prime Minister said while addressing the inauguration of Diamond Manufacturing Unit of Hare Krishna Exports here.
Talking about Surat's contribution to the jewelry sector, Prime Minister Modi said the city has made a mark in the diamond industry.
'Surat has made a mark in the diamond industry but can we now look at the entire gems and jewelry sector,' he added.
Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the Kiran Multispeciality Hospital at Katargam in Surat.
The Prime Minister later in the day will also go to Bajipura village in Tapi district to inaugurate cattle feed plant and ice-cream plant of Sumul Dairy, and lay foundation stone for dairy products plant at Nava Pardi.
He will then visit Silvassa town in Dadra and Nagar Haveli, where he will address a gathering apart from inaugurating a few projects.
The Prime Minister in Saurashtra will inaugurate phase-1 of the ambitious Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation project for Botad and surrounding districts and also lay foundation stone for the phase-2.
- Supreme Court asks CBFC, Centre to respond to filmmaker Palekar's plea
- Don't know accused middleman, will fight case legally: Dinakaran
- Supreme Court allows Tamil Nadu farmers to file intervention application in suicide cases
- Let Muslims solve Triple Talaq issue themselves: Digvijaya Singh
- Swachh Bharat is a part of preventive healthcare initiatives: PM Modi