- Advanced Personal Financial Planning Conference one of seven focus areas part of AICPA & CIMA ENGAGE 2020
- All digital event offers flexibility and eliminates travel for attendees
- Program features 24+ sessions of technical content covering all areas of financial planning
- Reporters encouraged to attend
The CARES Act, market volatility, Social Security strategies and the impact of COVID-19 on financial planning have brought numerous challenges and opportunities to the ever-changing financial planning landscape. The best practices and cutting-edge strategies emerging from these uncertain times will be shared at the AICPA’s Advanced Personal Financial Planning (PFP) Conference at ENGAGE 2020. The 33rd annual conference will take place online from July 20-22, 2020.
Top Technical Planning Insight from Leaders in The Profession
Professionals looking to develop the essential skills to best guide their clients and firm into the future will benefit from in-depth technical sessions and panel discussions. In addition to the CARES Act, topics include the SECURE Act, the current state of Social Security, as well as the future of financial planning. The conference agenda has been curated to feature the most up-to-date practical information and technical knowledge in the areas of tax, retirement, estate, risk management, investments and more.
"Financial planning professionals looking to learn about the latest strategies to help them provide the highest professional service should not miss this chance to gain a wide-range of technical knowledge at this all-in-one interactive online learning event," said Ted Sarenski, CPA/PFS, co-chair of the 2020 PFP Conference Planning Committee. "The sharpest minds in the profession will be sharing actionable information that attendees can use in practice right away."
Professionals recognize the Advanced PFP Conference as one of the best conferences for technical education sessions. In fact, the high-quality, advanced knowledge shared this year will be brought by returning expert speakers who averaged a 4.6/5 satisfaction rating from attendees in 2019.
"This year’s conference has added virtual networking events and other new features to enhance interaction and build a sense of community among attendees," said Lauren Minch, CPA, CFA, CGMA, co-chair of the 2020 PFP Conference Planning Committee. "Expert speakers from all areas of financial planning will be hosting sessions where attendees can ask questions, participate in real-time polling, and live-chat with other attendees."
In addition to the PFP conference, attendees will have access to leading technical content within all 6 other conferences as part of AICPA & CIMA ENGAGE including: Advanced Accounting & Auditing, Advanced Estate Planning, , EDGE Career Development, Practitioners Symposium & TECH+ and Tax Strategies for the High-Income Individual.
PFP Keynote speakers include:
- Danielle Fava, Director of Innovation, TD Ameritrade Institutional
- Scott Orr, VP of Government Relations & Public Affairs, Fidelity Investments
- Mark Jeffries, author of "The Art of Business Seduction"
PFP Conference speakers include:
- Ted Sarenski, CPA/PFS, CEO, Blue Ocean Strategic Capital
- Ed Slott, CPA, Partner, Ed Slott & Company
- Michael Kitces, Publisher & Head of Planning Strategy, Nerd's Eye View | Buckingham Wealth Partners
- Jeffrey Levine, CPA/PFS, Lead Financial Planning Nerd at Kitces.com
- Matthew Rosenberg, CPA/PFS, President, RoseCap Financial Advisors
- Lisa Featherngill, CPA/PFS, Head of Legacy & Wealth Planning, Abbot Downing
- Susan Bruno, CPA/PFS, Managing Director, Beacon Wealth Consulting South
- Stephan Horan, Managing Director, Americas Region & Professional Learning, CFA Institute
- Mark Klein, Esquire, Hodgson Russ LLP
ENGAGE Keynote speakers include:
- Daymond John, Entrepreneur, CEO, Shark Tank star
- Barry C. Melancon, AICPA President and CEO - Erik Asgeirsson, CPA.com President & CEO - Sue Coffey, AICPA EVP of Public Practice - Tracey Golden, AICPA Chair
What: AICPA Advanced Personal Financial Planning, at ENGAGE 2020
When: July 20-22, 2020. Online sessions will run from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern each day, with virtual networking opportunities during breaks.
Press Registration: For media who wish to obtain remote access, please contact Jon Lynch at Jonathan.Lynch@aicpa-cima.com or James Schiavone at James.Schiavone@aicpa-cima.com (please note: advance registration is required).
About the AICPA’s PFP Division
The AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning (PFP) Section is the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy, and guidance for CPAs and other professionals who specialize in providing estate, tax, retirement, risk management, and investment planning advice to individuals, families, and business owners. The primary objective of the PFP Section is to support its members by providing resources that enable them to perform valuable PFP services in the highest professional manner.
About the American Institute of CPAs
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) is the world’s largest member association representing the CPA profession, with more than 431,000 members in the United States and worldwide, and a history of serving the public interest since 1887. AICPA members represent many areas of practice, including business and industry, public practice, government, education and consulting. The AICPA sets ethical standards for its members and U.S. auditing standards for private companies, nonprofit organizations, and federal, state and local governments. It develops and grades the Uniform CPA Examination, offers specialized credentials, builds the pipeline of future talent and drives professional competency development to advance the vitality, relevance and quality of the profession.
About the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (the Association) is the most influential body of professional accountants, combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) to power trust, opportunity and prosperity for people, businesses and economies worldwide. It represents 650,000 members and students across 179 countries and territories in public and management accounting, and advocates for the public interest and business sustainability on current and emerging issues. With broad reach, rigor and resources, the Association advances the reputation, employability and quality of CPAs, CGMAs and accounting and finance professionals globally.