Ahead of PM's visit, cycle rally held in Surat to create fuel awareness
Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit, the youngsters in Gujarat's Surat city organised a bicycle rally to create fuel awareness.
The rally was organised with the theme 'I am India'.
Harsh Sanghavi, one of the participants, said this rally has been organised in tune with Prime Minister Modi's address in his 'Mann Ki Baat' programme where he emphasised on saving fuel by using cycles instead of cars and two wheelers.
Another participant Ajita looked all excited as she stated that the bicycle rally has been organised as Prime Minister Modi promotes different activities like yoga and cycling besides others to lead a healthy life.
In his second visit to his home state Gujarat this year, Prime Minister Modi will be in Surat on April 16, followed by a trip to Dadra and Nagar Haveli the next day.
Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate a Rs. 400-crore hospital in Surat run by a welfare trust, a cattle feed plant and an ice-cream facility of Surat District Co-operative Milk Producers Union at Bajipura village in Tapi district.
He will also inaugurate the first phase of an irrigation project at Botad in Saurashtra and lay the foundation stone for the second phase of the scheme.
- Rajasthan chaiwalla under IT scanner after giving Rs 1.5 crore dowry for 6 daughters
- Opposition quotes 2013 order, says SC in favour of paper trail machines
- Death sentence to Jadhav is Pak's 'calculated game': Cong
- Gujarat riots: R.K. Raghavan relieved from heading SIT
- Rajouri Garden voters annoyed with Jarnail Singh's decision to quit: AAP