Having won the 2017 UP Assembly elections with an overwhelming majority, the BJP has now set its focus on the 2019 general elections, with its leaders already entering the electoral mode in their political meetings.
Addressing a large group of RSS functionaries and volunteers in Agra, UP Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya said that in the 2019 parliamentary polls, the BJP will win all 13 parliamentary seats in the Braj region. The way to victory in 2019 will go through the Braj region. He said that the UP victory ensured the stupendous victory in Delhi MCD elections.
Answering a question, Maurya said that some people are deliberately trying to create a wedge between the organization and the government, but it was his effort that such people do not succeed in any way. The government's image has to remain intact, but the organization should not be allowed to go weak.
HERE IS HOW MAURYA PLANS TO WIN 13 PARLIAMENTARY SEATS
- He said that the 35-day-old Yogi government in UP is ensuring that PM Modi's public welfare schemes should reach each and every person in the state and the organization will have to assist the government in this monumental task. He said that the government is from the organization, but the organization is not from the government and no harm should come upon the organization's reputation.
- Talking about Agra's development, Maurya said that the Akhilesh Yadav government had claimed to make Agra and international city, but that claim never took off the ground. Now, the BJP will prove that it does what it says. The Yogi government will work on the principle of 'Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas' and there will be no partiality in the state. He said that Agra is known globally because of the Taj Mahal and this district will be developed as a model district, with other districts being developed on its lines.
- Maurya said that the basic infrastructure will be the primary focus of the Yogi government and that includes the 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan' which is a national movement in which the Prime Minister himself held a broom and cleaned the streets, giving a message of cleanliness to the country. He said that the schemes for the welfare of the poor will be made more efficient and the officials will be asked to upload their survey reports with photographs on the government website.
- Talking about recent incidents in Agra where there were clashes between the police and Hindu activists, Maurya said that the police uniform bodes a sense of security among the people and there should be no injustice done by someone wearing this uniform. He said that the complainants should be treated nicely and with respect at the police stations and the government will ensure that this happens very soon.
- He advised the government officers to each adopt a school and pay attention to the upgradation of education facilities in that school, while ensuring that the quality of education also undergoes an upgrade.
- Maurya declared that all the previous works done by the Akhilesh Yadav government will be inquired into.
- He said that the farmers will get better prices of their produce under the Yogi government and their loans are also being waived off. The SP government's industrial policy is being entirely changed. All poor Muslim girls will be married off by the government in 'Samoohik Vivahs' and will be given 20 thousand each on that occasion.
- He said that to prevent illegal mining, a task force was being setup. Commenting on the former UP CM, Maurya said that Akhilesh should now take some rest as the state was in good hands and was working better than in his rule.