Aditya Chopra celebrates his 48th birthday today and it's time we wish him a very happy birthday. The usually an elusive filmmaker, he rarely makes an appearance at different social gatherings and most of us don't even know how he looks. He prefers to be sounded by his set of people and even paparazzi are requested not to click him ever. One of the most talented filmmakers we have in the industry, Adi, as he's fondly called is also the head honcho of Yash Raj Films. Rani Mukerji's doting husband is very particular of their daughter, Adira, and he's the reason why we don't get to see her pictures floating on social media. Not Ranveer Singh, Aditya Chopra Wants Ranbir Kapoor for His Next Directorial.
As the director turned producer celebrates his special day today, we decided to highlight some unknown facts about him. The ones that are unheard and unknown. Let's have a quick look below.
- He started assisting his father, Yash Chopra when he was 18 years old. His first project was Sridevi's Chandni as an assistant director and later Jackie Shroff's Aaina. He fell in love with the profession and decided to be a director while assisting his father on Anil Kapoor's Lamhe.
- Aditya Chopra has so far given only two interviews in his entire lifetime. He's shy and believes that his actors can promote their movies well.
- He is Karan Johar's best friend and the head honcho of Dharma Productions worked as his assistant director on Shah Rukh Khan's Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge. Yes, Karan even played a short role in SRK's friend in the movie.
- Aditya wrote his first script of a thriller about a murderous amnesiac when he was in seventh grade.
- Like Raj Kapoor, he directed his first movie when he was barely 23 years old.
- Yash Raj Films is known to promote new faces in the industry. And we don't mean nepotism by this. Some of the talent that YRF has discovered in recent times include popular names like Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma, Vaani Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra.
- Currently, YRF has taken Gully Boy actor Siddhant Chaturvedi under its wing and wants to promote him to the fullest.
- Besides being a director and a producer, he loves playing football and if Kedarnath director, Abhishek Kapoor is to believe, his football skills are amazing.
Well, that's it. Aditya Chopra may be a man of few words but he's certainly a very interesting person. He loves being secretive so much so that we are yet to come across any picture of his grand wedding with Rani from Italy. Guess we'll have to wait too long for it. Nevertheless, we do hope that he returns with his next directorial very soon. His last directed movie was Ranveer and Vaani's Befikre that released in 2016.