AAP to Introduce ‘Happiness Curriculum’ in Delhi Government Schools: All You Need to Know
New Delhi, February 8: The Aam Aadmi Party is planning to introduce a “happiness curriculum” for students of nursery to class 8 from the upcoming session in Delhi government-run schools. The students will now get lessons on being ‘happy’.
Here is all you need to know:
- The Delhi government has commissioned a team of experts, including school teachers, which is preparing a framework for the happiness curriculum, said Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
- The entire curriculum will be purely activity-based.
- No formal examinations will be conducted on it.
- A periodic assessment of children’s progress will be made using a happiness index.
- Sisodia said introduction of happiness curriculum in schools will help enhance personality of children and influence the direction in which we are heading as a society and nation.
- Sisodia, who is also Delhi’s education minister, appealed to teachers and students of government schools in the capital to come forward and assist the government in developing the happiness curriculum.
- The Delhi government to introduce ‘Happiness’ curriculum in schools, so that children are happier, more confident and have greater self esteem.
With inputs from PTI