Reliance Jio Announcements:
- Jio gets 72 million customers to sign up for Jio Prime
- Jio extends membership deadline for Jio Prime to 15 April
- Jio announces Jio Summer Surprise Offer, applicable up to 30 June
- Users taking Jio Prime till 15 April get 3 months of free internet
- To get Jio Summer Surprise, users will have to recharge with a minimum of Rs 303
- This entails them with up to 33GB of 4G data till 30 June
Reliance Jio has announced that 72 million customers have paid for its internet services in India. Jio has also announced that the Jio Prime plan has now been extended until 15 April.
Starting 1 April, Reliance Jio was expected to start charging for its services, with plans priced at Rs 303 and Rs 499, offering 1GB and 2GB per day to users respectively. Customers were asked to pay Rs 99 for Jio Prime.
But keeping to its tradition of surprises, Reliance Jio via Mukesh Ambani has rolled out a new offer called Jio Summer Surprise that offers free 33GB 4G internet up till June 2017. And you will be billed for using Jio 4G from July.
Reliance JioEvery Jio Prime member – when they make their first paid recharge for at least Rs 303 plan till 15 April, will get services for three months on a complimentary basis. Your paid tariff plan will be applied only in July, after the expiry of the complimentary service.
This way, Reliance Jio is making sure that most customers who pay Rs 303 for its internet services will be able to enjoy free 4G internet till end of June this year.