According to ANI, seven people were injured in a major fire that broke out at an under-construction hospital in Nagpur on Wednesday, 9 January. Two of the seven injured are critical.
The fire broke out around 2 pm in the third floor of the ten storey hospital, while interior work was underway, reports PTI, quoting a fire official. When the fire started, about 400 labourers, who work at the site every day, had gone downstairs for lunch. This stroke of luck prevented the blaze from taking more lives.
Speaking to PTI, Nagpur Municipal Corporation fire officer Rajendra Ucke said, "Interior work was going on in the hospital when the fire started from the third floor auditorium where chairs were being fixed." He added that the fire was put out by 3:30 pm and that sparks from welding likely caused the fire.
(This is a developing story. More details are awaited)
(With inputs from PTI and ANI)
. Read more on India by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsPandya Offers ‘Regret’ in Response to BCCI’s Show-Cause Notice . Read more on India by The Quint.