6-yr-old dies in Hyd apartment complex after cement bench collapses on him

1 / 1

6-yr-old dies in Hyd apartment complex after cement bench collapses on him

In a tragic incident, a 6-year-old boy in Hyderabad lost his life after a cement bench that he was playing on, toppled and fell on him, leaving him with a severe injury on his head. The incident took place at around 6 pm on Thursday and the accident was caught on CCTV camera.

The boy was a resident of Janapriya Utopia, a sprawling gated community, and studied in an international school nearby. 

The family is in a state of shock. “As a result of the severe injuries on his head, there was a lot of blood loss in the 20 minutes or so that we took to reach the hospital. When we reached, doctors told us that he is no more,” the boy’s father said.

Visuals of the incident show the boy sitting on a cement bench which was loose and swinging back and forth before the bench collapses.

Locals suspect negligence on the part of the management, and visuals recorded later also show that all benches installed at the premises were flimsy and easily susceptible to being pulled down.

Speaking to TNM, a police officer from the Rajendranagar Police Station said, “An autopsy was conducted at the Osmania General Hospital (OGH) and the boy’s body will be handed over to the family shortly. We have registered a case under Section 174 of the CrPC as of now. After our preliminary investigation, we will add the relevant sections of the IPC.”  

This is the second such incident from the city in the last three months. 

On February 12, a six-year-old boy touched an electric pole near his house at PBEL city, a gated community in Narsingi on the city outskirts. However, electricity was running through the pole and the child was electrocuted. He remained stuck to the pole for five minutes. The residents did not notice the incident, until he finally collapsed. The CCTV video of the incident went viral after the incident. Though his parents rushed him to the hospital, he was declared dead on arrival.

Police had earlier told TNM that the electric poles were old and were poorly maintained.

 

Read: Father of boy who was electrocuted to death in Hyderabad alleges police inaction