5 Records that even God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar couldn't break
The 24 years long career of master blaster Sachin Tendulkar is beautifully laden with mountainous records and the cricket maestro is miles ahead of other players when it comes to international runs and centuries.
The God of Cricket is the only player who has knitted over 30,000 runs in international cricket and smashed 100 international centuries. The little master also became the 1st batsman to get past the mark of 200 runs in one ODI innings.
When the flamboyant Sachin blasted a double century in ODI, nothing seemed to be impossible for this man.
Sachin, in all his glory, kept on decorating his career with records and his fan-base kept on swelling up largely all around the globe.
Even after getting retired from the game, Sachin serves as an inspiration to thousands of aspiring cricketers, but there are a few milestones that even Cricket great Tendulkar couldn't reach.
Here are five records that Sachin Tendulkar couldn't break:
1. Sachin has not scored a triple century in his entire career as Virendra Sehwag was the first Indian batsman who touched the golden mark in Test cricket.
2. He doesn't hold the record of highest runs in single Test inning. The Test record for the highest individual score is held by West Indies former cricketer Brian Lara who scored 400 not out in 2004 against England.
3. Even though Sachin became the first ever batsman to hit a double ton in ODI, the ODI record for the highest individual score is in name of Rohit Sharma who scored 264 runs against Sri Lanka at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata in 2014.
4. The record for most runs in a Calendar Year is etched in the name of Mohammed Yousuf of Pakistan who has made 1788 runs in 11 test matches in 2006. Sachin Tendulkar is resting at fifth position in the list following Sir Vivian Richards (WI), GC Smith (SA) and MJ Clarke (AUS). The Indian right-handed batsman has scored 1562 runs in 14 test matches in 2010.
5. Mohammad Ashraful of Bangladesh is the youngest player in international cricket to score a Test century. He was 17 years and 61 days old when he scored 114 against Sri Lanka in 2001. The first century from Tendulkar's bat came when he was 17 years and 107 days old. His remained not out at 119 against England in 1990.
- Wishes pour in for Sachin Tendulkar as he celebrates his 44th birthday
- Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar turns 44 today, MI to celebrate his birthday at Wankhede
- Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma should open in Champions Trophy: VVS Laxman
- IPL 10, Preview: Kolkata Knigh Riders Vs Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Shahid Afridi thanks Virat Kohli & Co. for `wonderful` farewell gift